My sister-in-law (Chris's brother's wife), Jess is pregnant with their first child, a baby boy. Jess was one of the co-partners in crime for MY shower, way back when (ha!). Of course I had to make the trip, and of course I had to bring Jonathan, or the grandparents would not be happy! Mom decided to come along, partly to help out, mostly 'cause she likes Jess a lot.
In addition to Jess's Baby Shower, Jess's sister was recently engaged, so there was also a bridal shower the same weekend, so everyone could come to town for both. Congrats to S and her J!
The plane trip went great. I couldn't have done it without mom's help though. Even though it was only a weekend, I had two suitcases due to bringing shower presents, games and prizes. Plus then there was the car seat too, and our carry-ons, and Jonathan of course!!!! Jonathan did really well with sitting in his own seat (for the most part) and was able to pop his ears. (That was a problem last year.)
We had a layover half way there, and we ran around the empty end of the terminal to get some of J's extra energy out.
We all stayed at Granmary and Grandad's house. Jonathan fell right back in playing and hanging with them. It helped that I recently made him a family photo album, and we practiced with everyone's name. It was awesome that he walked up to Uncle Andy (Chris's brother, daddy of baby boy being celebrated at the shower) and said, "D!" He did the same for Pepa (J's great-grandfather) when we saw him as well. Pepa was just tickled!
Here are some pics of J with Granmary and Grandad:



Another highlight of the weekend was that Jonathan learned how to do a somersault all on his own! Such a big boy!

Finally, pics from the main reason for our travel: the baby shower! Radiant mama-to-be received tons of gifts. I think Jess and Andy are totally set for Baby Boy. I was games mistress for the shower and was humbled, but happy to receive many complements on the choice of games and my organization. Maybe I should be a party planner "when I grow up." Ha!


(ignore my sunburn! ack!)
1 comment:
What a fun time!!!
Post a Comment