The village was very much like Colonial Williamsburg with historic houses and buildings preserved in a park-like setting. Also, there were people dressed in traditional dress performing tasks around the village such as silk weaving, bamboo work, and paper making.
We were able to witness a traditional wedding ceremony taking place in one of the courtyards. It was a very complicated ritual.
After the wedding, we got some bulgolgi for lunch.
During the rest of the afternoon, we wandered around the park looking at the architecture and the traditional crafts. I love the old, traditional Korean building painting. It is so colorful and soothing.
I think I took the most pictures today, but we only did the one thing, so there is not much to write about. We did run into a family from Australia who were back to Korea for a homeland tour with their two children born here and then adopted through Eastern. We talked to the mom for a bit about how adoption and the culture of Korea has changed in the 8 years since they first came to pick up their first son. Overall, it was a good slow paced Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment