Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Saturday, November 1, 2008

Time of Transition

I woke up this morning and decided to come post one more thing about these past few days.
Although we are seeing the sites and in general being very touristy, J is always in the back of my mind. I am writing a paper journal to him, a little bit more detailed than this blog, telling him about what we do and see while we are here in Seoul to pick him up. Everywhere we go, I see something that I want to buy to give to him later, though I usually don't. As we are planning our activities for the next few days, we are planning around meetings with him, and are always wondering where can we go to buy formula and baby food if we need to, since we will have him for over 24 hours before even getting on the plane. It is a strange, almost surreal existence. Not our old life pre-baby, but not yet fully parents in the physical sense, yet planning and acting as if we are parents. We will see him again tomorrow. Today we plan to go to a folk village, slightly south of Seoul.

No comments: