Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Monday, November 3, 2008

Second Meeting in an Otherwise Taking it Easy Day

Today, we mostly took it easy, with two meetings stuck in the middle of the day. First we had an appointment to meet the elder Dr. Kim, the founder of our Korean agency and his daughter, younger Dr. Kim who is the current President and Director of the agency. Unfortunately, the younger Dr. Kim had an unforeseen conflict in the morning, so we were not able to sit and speak with her, only meet her in passing. We were fortunate to be able to speak with elder Dr. Kim though who is 92 years young! What an amazing man he is and what amazing work Eastern has done, not just with adoptions, but also with other social programs throughout Korea, since Dr. Kim founded it over 30 years ago. Then we had a traditional Korean lunch with other families staying here at the guest house.

In mid-afternoon, J's foster mother brought him back for a second meeting with us. The meeting room was occupied, so we all went up to our room and played on the bed. After a few minutes, the social worker and foster mother left the room. It took a bit for J to realize he was alone with us since we were distracting him with toys, but once he did, boy did those tears start rolling. As soon as we brought him back to where the foster mother was waiting, he became his normal happy self again. I have a feeling tomorrow, when we get him forever, will be tough all around. Here are a few pictures when he was still happy and hadn't realized he was alone with us yet.Also, mom was able to meet the baby she will be escorting home to another family in Colorado after our meeting with J.

In the late afternoon, we returned to the department stores just down the road to look for Korean cookies and candy to bring home with us. Then we took a taxi to another department store that was in the World Cup Stadium to look for other baby things. I ended up buying four Disney movies in Korean that should work in our DVD at home. The store there is called HomeEver or HomePlus and is like a big Walmart. Would be worth a trip for other families who are going to Seoul after us. It literally is in the Stadium, so it should be easy to direct a taxi driver there.

Well, it is our last night as a couple. Tomorrow afternoon at 4:30 we get J. We are going out sight seeing again in the morning and early afternoon to distract ourselves before our Forever Family time. Please think of us and pray for us tomorrow, that he might be a little less scared than he was today, or can calm down easily or that C and I may be blessed with sudden super parent powers or something! Will definitely be an adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so handsome, Heidi. I know the transition will probably be difficult for all of you, but before you know it, you are all going to be a solid, comfortable, happy family. I'm so excited for you!

Leslie said...

I read this entry out loud to Jim and I couldn't help but tear up at the end. I am so excited for you! I can't even imagine how you will be able to sleep tonight.

I do hope the trip home is as smooth as possible. Flying with young ones is never easy, and you have an extra challege to deal with. I wish you Super Parent Power!!