Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Thursday, September 23, 2010

Last Chance Water Fun (Summer Water Tour, Stop #7)

Now that it is Fall... I thought I better get caught up on our summer outings.

These are pictures from the last spray park Jonathan and I visited this summer. This was completely at the last minute, right before Labor Day, just before it was shut down for the year. After this park, we managed to meet my goal of visiting every single fountain/ sprayground (that I know of) in our city this summer.

Although it was ok fun, it was not ~great~ fun. I don't think we will be going back to this one next summer. It just had a more trashy vibe to it than all the other ones, for whatever reason. Maybe it was the adults sitting around the outside of the fenced-in-area smoking and just watching while their children ran willy-nilly inside the spraypark completely unsupervised. Hmmmm.

Or maybe it was the oblivious, seemingly uneducated, and rude dad who asked me, "What is your son?" I said, "Excuse me?" He repeated verbatim. I again said, "Excuse me?" I knew exactly what the guy was asking- i.e. ethnic origin. I finally gave in and answered, "He was born in Korea," after my third "Excuse me?" attempt in a disbelieving tone was not sinking into the guy's thick skull that what he was asking was rude. Props for recognizing that J WAS my son though. Sigh.

"Look Mom... I can reach!" (The button to turn the water features on.)

Having more fun with the gate, than with the various sprinklers.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Looks fun, but gheesh about the rude man. That would really aggravate me. Cute pics!