Now that we are in the top ten waiting families on our agency's waiting list for a Korean girl, I decided it was high time to start getting our paperwork, forms, various appointments and fingerprints done. Although we only need to do a homestudy update, we will be working with a new social worker who does not know our family. Plus, you have to do all the background checks and everything again anyway.This time around, I am a lot less stressed about the paperwork. I keep nagging Chris to do his part, but not quite as much as I did during the wait for Jonathan. Plus, if I was anxious about getting it all done, it would BE done already. :) I've just been filling out forms here and there, when I get to it. We are almost ready to send in a big fat packet of info to our agency. Our homestudy update will be scheduled after we send in all the stuff we're working on.
We did go last Tuesday to the local police station to get our finger prints done. Unfortunately, it was first come- first serve and there were several people ahead of us that were there for not-so-good reasons, which of course took a long time for them to complete their paperwork. The man before us took 45 minutes. We took 10 minutes- together. So, we were there all morning. But Chris stuck with me and Jonathan was a trooper. Chris said he did enjoy getting to hang out with J all morning, since he doesn't usually get to do that.
Since we are getting closer, we've been talking to Jonathan more about becoming a big brother and having a baby sister, mostly to get him used to the concept. I certainly don't expect him to "get it" yet. Once we know who she is, and have a picture, I think he will start to understand a little bit more, since we will have something concrete to show him. He will have quite a few months to get used to the idea, before she actually comes home, since the wait to travel is still quite long after referral.
Anyway, here is a very short, and very poor quality video about J becoming a big brother:
3 comments:
Exciting!! Hope the numbers move fast!
Oh he's going to be such a great big brother!! And I love that his shoes are on backwards! Just like my little one! :)
#10?! WOW! That's awesome! I bet the wait is different the second time around. YAY for fingerprints! Hoping the single digits scream by and you will *meet* your little girl soon.
Your little J is SO CUTE btw. Seriously, you are going to have to watch that guy (from the girls) when High School years roll around. What a cutie he is. He'll be a great big brother.
So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment