Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Friday, June 4, 2010

j Words

A random selection of some of J's words:
  • cream cream = ice cream
  • bok bok = hanbok, and apparently my Japanese robe
  • gi down = get down
  • gol gone = all gone
  • pwease = please
  • break (and/or) broke = "Something is broken and I would like you to fix it for me."
  • ow-ide = outside
  • towch = couch
  • shobel = shovel, as well as, "I really want to play in the sandbox now."
  • pea-pa = pizza
  • nana = banana
  • ray = grapes
  • da-er = diaper
  • dada's oom = mama and daddy's room
  • topi = coffee
  • vi-a-min = vitamin
  • ank ooo = thank you
  • 'elp = help
  • k'mere (like smear but with a "k") = come here
  • ni-nigh = night night, as well as, "I'm going to pretend to sleep by laying down on the couch or my bed and want you to pretend with me and pull the blanket up around me to tuck me in."
  • kay = ok = yes
Some of these words I may have already posted about on here previously, but wanted to mention them again, due to the entertainment factor. There are probably a few more as well that I'm forgetting. C and I just look at each other and grin over how J says some things. It is amazing the sheer amount of words and concepts J picks up daily. I just love this age to watch him learn and grow.

A few weeks ago I took him to a free clinic which was offering hearing and speech screening, as well as car seat checks. J passed all three with flying colors. (Well, I guess technically, -I- passed the car seat check, since all he does is sit in it!) I wasn't worried about either his hearing or speech, but to have the reassurance of professionals, is great. :)

Leave you today with a random iPh*ne photo from errands the other day. Just for cuteness sakes. :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

What a list!!!

Jennifer said...

J looks like such a sweet boy! I hope to meet him (and you!) one day!