Anyway, I usually make a big batch of bulgogi and freeze most of it for later cooking. I also only do this when the beef is on sale. Our local grocery store had it on sale this past weekend, so our house got to smell like Korea. Mmmmmmm. I snapped a pic while it was marinating.

J and I ate good that night! (C is somewhere WARM on business this week. Slightly jealous here.)
Bulgogi (Traditional Korean Barbecued Beef)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup cola drink
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic, mashed
4 lbs. beef bottom round roast, sliced wafer thin, similar to beef jerky
hot cooked rice
Combine the soy sauce, cola drink, brown sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pepper, and garlic to form a marinade. Mix well. Place the meat in a bowl to marinate the beef slices for at least 5 minutes, longer is better. This can be prepared ahead of time and frozen with the marinade in ziploc lags. Defrost for one day in the refrigerator prior to cooking. Cook the meat by frying in a hot frying pan or wok until done. An alternate cooking method is to thread the meat onto bamboo skewers, and grill. Serve with rice. This is also a delicious marinade for chicken or pork.
5 comments:
We're on a mission to find a vegetarian way to make bulgogi!
Yeah! Will have to try it out!
Yum! Thanks for posting this. I'll give it a try.
Mmmm - mine doesn't have the cola - I'll have to try that!
On Sunday I made bee-bim-bop. YUM!
Post a Comment