Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Warning: Gross Picture

Since Friday, we have been battling this:Even though he's been sneezing like crazy, usually resulting in much snot pouring out of his nose, and in addition having a juicy cough, J has really been pretty chipper for being "under the weather." Except yesterday he refused to nap, and then finally gave in right before I was going to let him get up. So yesterday afternoon was not peachy, but the rest of the weekend has been. I was a little worried about last night, since usually if he doesn't nap, J has more nightmares/ night terrors than typical due to being over tired. He was out the whole night though, which he probably needed to start getting better. So that is a great thing.

On another, much more positive, happy, "awe," note- J just said "I love you" to me, without my prompting or me saying it first. He just started saying it back this past week, after I would say it to him, though it sounds more like "la-la-loo." Then this morning, he came up to me and said it just because! Oh happy mama moment. :)

[Edited to add: C took the above photo. He wanted credit.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NASTY!!! Briar had that a couple days this past week, too, but it cleared up really quick thankfully!

What a sweet boy, it's so nice to see them finally say those words without prompting, isn't it? Briar has always said it back when we say I Love you to her (well, unless she's in a bad mood and then she usually refuses!), but this last week she said it once to Chris and once to me totally unprompted and it was the best!

Kara said...

Just found your blog. Looking forward to learning more about your family and following along with your second adoption!

Krista said...

Ewe! But we all know what it is like ;)
I Love You! How sweet.