

For my baby shower for J, everyone was invited to make a onesie for him to wear. I documented every one with pictures of him wearing them, and posted a few on my blog, like this one:
One of the things my mom made recently that has gotten a lot of use here, is a hooded bath towel. So much more comfy, warm, and bigger than the silly baby towels sold in stores. Here is J modeling that:

~~Yes.... all these random musings will be tied up shortly....~~
I like being a stay-at-home mom with J, and our family is fortunate that C's job allows me the chance to be able to do so. However, this past summer, I started thinking of ways to earn extra money, with the stipulation that I could do it from home. Just wanted to be able to contribute some to our second adoption fund, or to have extra for J to do more/ multiple activities that cost moolah. As I was brainstorming, I was inspired by the success of my bloggy and real -life friends' Etsy store that sells hair ribbons. Shameless plug for them: Go check out BriarClaire!
I mentioned it to my mom, and she got all excited too. We noticed that many adoptive mom bloggers have Etsy stores to earn a little bit of extra money. Over the fall, we discussed ideas, came up with a name, started working on prices and are almost ready to have a grand opening! We in no way want to step on other mama's toes, but if you blog and have an Etsy store, just know that you are an inspiration. :)
So... For all the little DoodleBugs in your life....
My mom and I will be offering: Hand-stenciled Onesies, Hooded Baby Bath Towels, Bibs, Drop Onesie Dresses, and Little Girl Princess Bracelets (to start out with). As soon as the store is ready to go live, I'll post a link to it on here! Hopefully, we can make a little bit of profit!
Last thought of the day- Here is a math equation for you:
Since our Etsy store will be linked to this blog, and...
Since our Etsy store will be a legitimate business, which will have my legal name attached to it, ...
Which means in a roundabout way, my name will be connected to my blog....
Therefore, that means my pen name of ColoradoMama is pointless.
Stay tuned for the grand reveal of the DoodleBug Club Etsy store, as well as the revelation of just WHO I am (of course, most of you already know, but eh, whatever.) (And I'll still probably continue to stick to initials for J and C, and everyone else, but hey, you'll be able to know MY name.)

4 comments:
I LOVE Etsy! I'll be throwing some business your way for sure! While I don't see kinds in my future, all my friends seem to be having them lately :) Which means I'm always on the look out for cute shower and birthday gifts. And I'd much rather my money go towards your adoption fund/ Mr. J's activities, than into some giant corporation's pocket.
That is neat! I love Etsy! :) Good luck in your new business venture. I like that hooded towel!
Yeah! I'm also an Etsy momma - best of luck with your shop!
Here's mine ;)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/hearttree
Great idea! Lovely crafts. Can't wait to check out the grand opening!
Post a Comment