Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good Smells and Bubble Bath Bliss

Tonight I give thanks for my nose....
or well, actually, for the way our house smelled today during the baking of various pies and sides for the turkey feast tomorrow. The majority of my contribution to our feast is done. Tomorrow is just mixing dip, arranging crackers, etc. for appetizers. And then I'll be setting the table with our fancy dishes, but I'll have (adult) help for that part, or I will enlist help anyway! :P

Also, tonight I give thanks for some time to myself and the lush-ious bubble bath I soaked in for a long while. A kind of calm before tomorrow's craziness of 14 people in our house! I used up the last of one of my favorite bubble bath bars, so I 'spose I will have to head to Boulder to go to the nearest Lush store to replace it.

I've been pondering doing a give away on here for awhile. Just a thank you to all my readers for following along with J's adventures, and since August, along the slow journey to our daughter. (All 20 or so of you- hey your chances are good!) I just wasn't sure what to give away. Tonight's bubble bath inspired me though.

So.... In honor of Thanksgiving this week, my birthday next week and the kick-off of the Christmas season, I'll be sending one lucky person a bar of bubble bath bliss. Just leave a comment on this post about what you are thankful for this year, between now and next Wednesday, December 2nd at midnight my time. I will number the comments and use a random number generator to pick a winner! Good luck!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that Briar is here with us for Thanksgiving this year (amongst many other things, of course!)!!!

Tracie said...

I am thankful for our little girl in Korea... and that she is healthy and happy while we wait for the time for her to come home. Also, of course, for my husband and children, and for the blessings of good friends... both old and new!

Happy Thanksgiving!

kelly said...

How fun! I am thankful that we are #1 on the waitlist for our little one waiting for us in Korea.

Elizabeth Frick said...

Oooh! How did I miss this?!?! I LOVE Lush!!!
I'm thankful for so many wonderful things this year, but mostly for a loving and supportive husband who makes life with a two-year old much more tolerable, and a wonderful little girl who is so easy to tolerate to begin with!!! :)

Erin said...

I am thankful for the hard times, as well as the joyous times, as a parent through adoption. We were blessed with our baby girl this year in a super smooth domestic process and are dealing with a difficult stage of development with our two preschool sons (international adoptions). The hard times bring so much growth in me and challenge me to love my children in different ways.

emily said...

ok, somehow I missed this, too!
and, I LOVE lush, too!!
how exciting...

i am thankful for the 4 men in my life. my husband and our three incredible, truly individual sons and all that they bring to our life together. the love and the joy perfectly coupled with moments of ABSOLUTE INSANITY that i wouldn't trade for anything else.

hope you had a fantastic thanksgiving.