Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Saturday, November 21, 2009

Giving Thanks

Today I give thanks that my family is healthy, and that we have more in our lives than just the basic necessities needed to survive. More than enough so that we can make donations of stuff and our time to different organizations which support others in need.

I spent the morning volunteering at the local Ronald McDonald House while J got to play with daddy all morning. I am so glad that there is a "home away from home" for a few families whose children are hospitalized and that I can do a small part to help make their stay more comfortable.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Good for you girl! Ronald McDonald houses are the greatest!

I was really sick in my younger days and so my Mom would stay at the Ronald McDonald house that was across from the hospital I was in. It was just perfect!

So thanks for doing that! Really!