Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Friday, March 6, 2009

Lunch Date & Some Firsts

Earlier this week, J and I met our friends L and G for lunch halfway between our homes. We had a yummy lunch, then went shopping at the outlets. All of the restaurant employees kept commenting on how cute our two babies were. :) Our waitress even asked L and I some positive questions about international adoption, as she is considering it herself.

After shopping, we stopped in the food court for some ice cream and energy release time. Essentially no one but us was in there, so the kiddos were able to roam to their hearts content around the tables. Apparently G likes to push things just as much as J. I was able to get some good pictures of them working together to move a chair around. :)




Also yesterday, J accomplished some more firsts! He successfully drank out of a straw and he went down the stairs without any assistance (other than standing a few feet in front of him to catch any mishaps)! We've been working on the stairs for a few weeks now, trying to show him how to go down backwards on his belly, but yesterday was the first day he did it completely on his own. With the straw I just occasionally offer him some of whatever drink I have that has a straw. Yesterday, he actually was able to drink! I was pretty impressed on both accounts.

Four happy months home and counting!!!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Way to go J! And yes, they are both adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute!!! Happy 4 months home, special little guy!!!!