Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Monday, January 19, 2009

Odds and Ends

More things I have been meaning to blog about over the past few weeks:

We have a court date set for finalization! Woo-Hoo! It's not until late May, but I expected that as the supervisory period in Colorado is 6 months. We chose to finalize in the county where our agency is located rather than in our own county, so that our agency can worry about filing all the paperwork for us. It's nice to have that on the calendar!

J started grinding his teeth recently. All four of them. I looked it up and apparently it's a fairly common thing for babies to do as their first teeth start to come in. Supposedly it won't harm his teeth at this point. The sound is like nails on a chalk board though and drives me crazy.

He is eating anything and everything now. We have moved up to essentially table food. Just little itty bitty pieces. I have a few jars of baby food left that I am feeding him occasionally. I also have a little bit of the last batch of frozen vegetables I home made for him and chopped up into very small pieces. Those won't make good finger food and I will have to feed him that too. He gets to play with the spoon, but still can't quite pick things up with it, so I'm trying to do mostly bite-sized, finger foods. He also still gets 4 bottles a day which I will stick to until he turns one. Then I will start to slowly wean him off. I like our bottle time as much as he does, though I like it for the bonding and cuddles while he likes it for the formula.

A few times in the last month, we participated in trial classes at two baby gyms. They were different, but both were good. Unfortunately, after discussing it with C, I don't think we can afford to pay for it each month. :( Oh well, it would have been great. Maybe gifts? Hint hint. I keep meaning to take him swimming too, but there is no community rec center that I can find that has an open swim for non-members. Maybe the Y? Don't know. Will have to investigate further.

I'll finish this post with two pictures taken by others recently and shared with us.
First is one of the three of us which was taken by our social worker at our second post-placement visit.Second is of J alone and was taken by C or K at B's party.

No comments: