The thing that makes this birthday very cool though, is that it was my first as a mama, and J has been home exactly one month, all on the same day!
He is doing so well and it is so much fun to have him home. There are times he drives me crazy (like with no other adult contact except via e-mails and phone calls for 3 days straight last week while C was on business), but even then, it is only for little bits of time before he is happy again. He was fairly clingy this past week, which I think is a repercussion from the Thanksgiving trip and all the extra attention/ stimulation/ change from our routine. One day, I had to wear him in the sling or chunei the whole day as he didn't want to be put down. I think he is over that now again though.
New developments: J can stand alone for about a minute max, usually less. No steps on his own yet. He has figured out how to pull the cat's tail. He knows Bye-bye, and waves fairly consistently. He knows how to give "5's", but yet can't clap his own hands (we're working on that). He loves to jump (assisted of course). He likes to give hugs and kisses. He definitely knows his own name and knows "up" also. Still drooling as much as ever- hence the bibs all day long, every day. (I ~think~ his next two teeth are getting ready to come in.) Afternoon naps still are not easy- but he is sleeping pretty well through the night now and morning naps are good.
He is so curious! I am entertained as much as he is by watching him try to explore and discover new things.
Random pictures from Friday:
-----
Me and J-----------Standing on his own
-----
Using the walker/ push toy appropriately----- and not so appropriately
(I got him down right after I took the picture.)
Although Friday was uneventful, Saturday was a big day. J and I traveled up to Denver for our adoption agency's Holiday Party. C had to stay home to do an AF Reserve day though. At the party, we sat with S, L and baby G, as well as A, her sister, and her two daughters, S and baby P. P was not so interested in meeting J, though she is only 6 months or so older than he is. Baby G (who is about two weeks older) was all about making J's acquaintance though. The love was reciprocal.


After the party, we went to Nana and Papa's house for the night. My dad watched J for about 6 hours while my mom took me to a play for my birthday. That was the longest he has been left with anyone other than C or I. Over Thanksgiving, we did up to 2 hours with C's mom, and he did great. My dad said he was a bit fussy, but over all did fairly well. We will continue to have only grandparents (so mostly my parents, since they live in the same state) watch J for awhile though if we need a babysitter.
Lastly- to finish this very long post ( eh, I haven't blogged in awhile!), my friend K found out last week that her daughter finally had her visa interview scheduled for today (Monday)! Hurray! I hope they get their Travel Call VERY SOON! They have been waiting for forever and a day to bring Miss B home!
Lastly- to finish this very long post ( eh, I haven't blogged in awhile!), my friend K found out last week that her daughter finally had her visa interview scheduled for today (Monday)! Hurray! I hope they get their Travel Call VERY SOON! They have been waiting for forever and a day to bring Miss B home!

3 comments:
J looks so happy! You must be doing a great job with him, mama!
I will email you off site now.
Thanks for the photo update! He's just beautiful!
Wow, he's growing up so much already! He seems like an ambitious little guy - my P refuses to stand on his own! And wow to your dad - my dad will NOT watch the kids alone! :)
Your son is precious! I read that you got a chunei when you were in Korea. We hope to travel to bring our son home in February or March and I was wondering if you recommend the chunei? Thanks.
Post a Comment