Warning this is going to be long...
However, for those of you only browsing, or for those who want the Cliffs Notes version, here is the summary in one sentence:
J's Visa Interview took place today!!!!!
Now, for those who like to know the "rest of the story", here are the details of the weekend, book-ended by Friday and Monday:
Last week I was getting very frustrated by continuously hearing that the Packet 3 had still not yet been returned to the Consulate each time I called D.C. (which actually was not every day, just every other day). So Friday, I gave up and figured I would give it the weekend and call again on Monday or Tuesday. However, I decided to call our local agency late Friday afternoon to confirm a few things and after my question was answered, C at the agency said, (paraphrasing here) "And, oh, by the way, I called the Korean agency last night (Friday business for them) and asked them about your case. They said all the paperwork had just been submitted to the Consulate. It took a long time to get your son's visa back, but everything is there now and as long as everything is in order, you should expect to be able to travel later next week or in two weeks." After I hung up, I thought, Wow! Maybe I should have called the Visa Specialists in D.C. today. :)
Afterwards, during the mental processing of what our agency contact said, I realized she probably didn't mean the visa was delayed, since that is what we are trying to get, but that one of the parts the Korean government is responsible for, either the EP or the passport was delayed. Who knows which, but either way, J has both and possibly has the Visa now as well!
Hearing that news sent me into major nesting mode. It was a very busy weekend. My mom came down to visit, which we had actually already planned for, and together we cooked and froze a months' worth of meals for C and I, plus started on freezing some homemade baby food, plus sewed almost the entire crib quilt I had been previously working on. We did most of it yesterday and finished up this morning.
Of course, the first thing I did when I woke up this morning was call D.C. to confirm that the P3 really was returned and that's when I found out J's Visa Interview took place today (26 days after P3 out). The nice man who spoke to me said the results were not uploaded to the computer yet, so we don't know for sure that the Visa has been issued yet. However, I have NEVER heard of a kiddo getting to this point in the Korean adoption process and being denied!
Lastly, to cap off these past few days, I got to attend the arrival party for S & L's daughter G this afternoon!!!!! There was quite a large crowd by the DIA fountains to welcome her home and the poor baby girl was a little overwhelmed. The new mommy and daddy seemed happy though. S kept saying a little bit of sugar, add some water, and instant daddy. :) If you two are reading this, (ha, yeah right, you're doting on your baby girl!) I just wanted to say congrats again and she is beautiful. :)
Now I'm heading back into nesting mode to finish up the baby food, get the car seat installed and do a major house cleaning spree. I'm hoping to hear something from our local agency as early as tomorrow or Wednesday with the "Official Travel Call." Once I hear from them, I can start looking for plane tickets and making our other travel plans! C just gets to coast through all this, since he is out East for business again. Luckily though, he gets to take the next 3-4 weeks completely off, or work partly from home, so that even after we travel, he will be here at home with me as we learn the ins and outs of being a mommy and daddy together and get to know our son. (Major run on sentence, good thing I wasn't an English major!!! LOL)
We are almost there, so close to having Baby J in our arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so happy for you! Happy Nesting!
Wonderful news!!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment