In April, we completed 24 hours of training that is required by the State of Colorado to become adoptive parents. Our last class finished last night. Now we feel slightly more prepared, but of course no one can tell you how YOUR child will be, and even practiced parents are often surprised by their second or third children.
Now we wait for our referral.
With everything submitted to our adoption agency, the home study done, all classes completed, the only thing we CAN do is to wait. I could start interviewing Pediatricians, but I think I'll hold off on that for a bit longer.
Back when we first started this process in January, I was originally thinking the referral would happen in the July-ish time frame due to where we were on the waiting list initially. On average, our agency gets 2 boy and 2 girl referrals each month from Korea. Of course in January, they got 7 boys, but that is atypical.
However, (drum roll please.....) I just called and we are effectively #4 on the list! We are really #7, but three families are still on hold. That means if Eastern Social Welfare sends our local agency 4 boys in a very short time frame, we could be matched with our son soon! Or it could still be in July. You just never know.
So, yeah! May God grant me patience as we continue to wait. :)
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment