Monday, January 10, 2011
The Chronicles of Potty Training Attempt #2- Day 7
Chris and I are both sooooo proud of Jonathan. We have constantly been telling him what a big boy he is and just how proud we are. :) It is now the end of Day 7... one week of big boy underpants. J has earned 3 happy face stickers for no accident days. :) He gets a BIG prize when he gets to 7 and covers all the stars on the way from the earth to the rocketship on the picture on his door! He has "lost" and earned back his original potty prize many many times, but currently is in possession of his treasured "Gil" truck (of Cars.) (The deal here is that he loses it if he has an accident- either wet or poopy, but can only earn it back with poos in the potty. It seems to be working, so will be sticking with it.) This evening he actually said he had to go and went! Usually I just take him every hour or so. I really think he is getting it. Can't wait until it is ingrained in his mind, and he tells me when he needs to go all the time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is so awesome, Heidi! Congrats! I have "sort of" started our second attempt as well, but I feel like I don't really know what I'm doing. Have you found any books or other resources that you like?
Catherine- I'm winging it this time around. I'm loosely following advice from my mom, and friends, but mostly winging it. The first time around I followed the three day method (a web book) which was a disaster. Things that have worked this time- just taking him, instead of "tell me when you need to go;" find the bribe/ prize that works (stickers and temp tattoos weren't cutting it for J). Good luck!!!!
Go Jonathan!!! He's doing awesome. Spencer made the transition to telling me instead of the other way around today... So much nicer!
Post a Comment