The other night I had my first adoption related dream of this go-around. Well, maybe I had 1 or 2 before, since it has been over a year since we submitted our initial application, but they didn't stick with me strongly like this one did. This one I'm still remembering it and thinking of it a few days later, so whatever you want to make of it, here is the gist of it.
I'm shopping in a mall somewhere and I get told that I have to go pick up my baby, who is a tiny peanut of a thing. Somewhere in the mall, I get the baby. She is all bundled up in layers of clothes and blankets, so the only thing I can see is the top of her head. Then all of a sudden she is snuggled up against my front in some sort of carrier, (it was more like a moby wrap, but I don't own one of those IRL.) When I look down, I can still only see the top of her head, because she is burying her face in my chest. I just remember seeing lots of dark dark hair. So I'm carrying Baby Girl, wishing I could really see her face while pushing Jonathan in the stroller. We head out to the multi-level parking garage and I can't seem to find the car. Pretty sure I have the right level, but just the wrong row. Finally find it. Turns out I was borrowing someone else's mini-van and I had forgotten that fact. Apparently we didn't have our second car seat yet, and whoever I was borrowing from did have two car seats. Except they were both forward facing, so I had to get Jonathan in one and then unbuckle the other to turn it around, all with Baby holding tight next to me in the wrap. The feelings of bending over and around a warm lump o' baby were so real. Those of you who have done it know what I'm talking about. Finally, both kids are in the car and I try to leave the mall parking to get to the street, but keep getting lost and ending up in more parking.
Then I woke up. Quite bizarre, which is nothing new to me. At least this dream followed a sequence of events. Some of my dreams are quite jumpy and make no sense at all. So... interpretations? LOL!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My interpretation: you will have your baby girl referral soon! :)
I had a dream last night we got our referral and am hoping it means something..... dreams are neat, but i agree, when i have dreamt of Leah, i can feel her warmth....
Well I'm not sure but I did get my hands on some gorgoues baby girls in the Eastern Baby House and they were tiny and some had gorgeous heads full of hair. I would love to think that I held your future daughter.
Post a Comment