Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Monday, October 4, 2010

2010 Race for the Cure


Every fall since we moved here, Mom and I have participated in my city's Komen Race for the Cure event. It always takes place on the Sunday after Labor Day... bright and early in the morning. Mom usually drives down the day before to spend the night to be ready. Last year, and again this year, Jonathan rode in the jogging stroller while I pushed him. I'd like to get him a "Real Men wear Pink" shirt, but he will only outgrow it quickly! I'd have to get a new one every year. :)
Anyway, we just walk the 5k, we definitely do not run. But pushing that stroller and the child up and down the hills of the course is still hard work! The first mile or so is all up hill, then it is up and down, then luckily finishes on a downward slope. :) It is truly a beautiful location to have it though.
Supporting breast cancer awareness is important to me and, although I am only a small part of the organization by walking in the Race, it still is a wonderful experience.

No comments: