Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our Family: Living the Truth

Because of international adoption: we have a child, with plans to add a second.
Because of international adoption: we have a son.
Because of international adoption: J is in our lives, hearts and home.
Because of international adoption: I am a Forever Mama.
Because of international adoption: I hear laughter, giggles and "ticka ticka ticka" (tickle) on a daily basis.
Because of international adoption: I hear two year old whines and temper tantrums.
Because of international adoption: our family is forever connected with Korean culture.
Because of international adoption: toys have taken over our family room.
Because of international adoption: I know the Dora songs and Mickey Mouse clubhouse songs.
Because of international adoption: I'm outside much more than I used to be... playing.
Because of international adoption: I have met many life-long friends.
Because of international adoption: I blog.
Because of international adoption: I have a brother.
Because of international adoption: I get random wet sloppy kisses and tight hugs.
Because of international adoption: I comfort scary night terrors and nightmares.
Because of international adoption: every day I see beautiful brown eyes and the cutest smile.
Because of international adoption: my life has changed so much.
Because of international adoption: our family is richly blessed.
Our family: We are the truth of international adoption.

5 comments:

Erin Carson said...

this is beautiful Heidi! With everything in the news lately, this is so wonderful to hear...

~erin :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Very well said. Love ALL those family photos! It's so rare to have pics of all three :)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Fabulous post!!

Laura Maddox said...

You have such a beautiful family!

kelly said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.