Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cat Nap

Yesterday was a no nap day. Or well, maybe it was a minimal nap day. J may have slept for maybe 5 minutes. I kept going up to his room and telling him to get back in bed, go to sleep, etc.
That made him a bear/ pill/ pain in the bum last night in the short time after dinner, but before his normal bed time. So he ended up going to bed early, which he needed.
Today, in order to avoid a repeat performance, I cracked his door open and sat just outside with some sewing/ mending that needed to be done anyway. That way I was able to keep telling him to put his head down, go to sleep, every once in awhile. Tiger jumped at the opportunity that the door was just slightly open and that there was a warm human body in a nice warm, comfy bed to snuggle up with.
Tiger doesn't get to sleep with C and I, let alone J, so after I took some pictures, he got kicked out of J's room and I shut the door. J slept through the whole thing, pictures, Tiger yelping and all. So sorry cat, but unfortunately, the toddler takes precedence over you!
Hopefully, J takes a GOOD nap today. I don't like being mama to a bear/ pill/ pain in the bum!

4 comments:

kelly said...

Ahh, I love that photo! I can't believe he never woke up!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Oh man... if our kitties got in O's room during naptime, it would be a par-TAY!
Hope the naps continue in the right direction.

Luke + Melissa said...

I love the picture! I actually did the same thing with W when he went to the toddler bed. I crochet half a blanket before he finally realized mom was not giving in. (it did take a few days of 30-40 min of hallway crocheting)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I so know those days of no-naps... it makes the days very long. Sigh. Here's hoping it's not the norm for you!