J has still not figured out how to get out of his crib now that it is converted. This is a good thing though! The mattress height is pretty high, but not higher than our couch, so I'm sure he could do it if he wanted to. The safety rail is blocking most of the side though, so I think that's why he thinks he is still "contained." Luckily the safety rail shortens down, so when we are ready to have him get up on his own, I can make it be shorter. I took some pics just now as he was waking up from his nap. Hence the vacant look on his face. He takes just a little bit to warm up to his happy self when he first wakes up. Here is the progression:




We have moved beyond reading the same three books, in the same order, during our night time and nap routine. C and I had all three of those memorized pretty quickly. J knows the bed routine down pat now though, so he gets to pick out his own books. We randomly decide whether it is 1, 2, or 3 based on how he is acting just before nap or bedtime, and how late it is. (It's usually two books.) He will bring you exactly how many you say we will read though. Yay for learning the concept of numbers. (Aside info: He can also kind of, sort of, count to three on his own now.) He now has two new favorite books, which I again almost have memorized. The first is the classic Little G*lden book "The Fire Engine." He requests it by saying "whey-oh, whey-oh" which is his siren sound. (Another aside: All police cars, fire engines and ambulances are called whey-oh whey-ohs too.) Anyway, he started reciting along (kind of, sort of) with me last night. It was so cute to hear. His other favorite book, is "Llama llama red paj*ma." I think it's the rhyming thing. And the fact that it is about a little boy and his mama. J is SUCH a mama's boy. He likes it when I act out what the baby llama does, i.e. hums a tune, whimpers, moans. It's a great book and I highly recommend it for your kiddo's libraries. :)
Hope everyone has a good weekend! We have our take two on Birthday Two lunch with Nana, Papa and Uncle G tomorrow. Should be fun.
By the way..... a give-away is coming up soon. Gotta promote our new Etsy store some how right? :)
3 comments:
Wow - big boy bed! Way to go J! Alex has yet to figure out how to climb out of his crib too - I'm sure it is coming, but until then, he can stay in his crib.
Thank you for the book suggestions - I just put the llama book on hold at my library.
What a cute and smart young man! O is still in her crib at 28 months. And we have no plans to rush her out of it. I'm scared...
I love the photos showing his progression from post-nap sleepyhead to happy boy ready to start his day!
Post a Comment