We had a delightful, transportation themed Christmas. The three of us stayed home on Christmas Eve/ Christmas morning. First we went to church, then had dinner, and finally read "Twas the night before Christmas" which was the start of a tradition. :) J didn't quite get it, but he did like the story and pictures.
Here is a pic of the tree and gifts after Santa came:
On Christmas morning, J woke at his usual time and we all went downstairs together. He seemed to be a bit confused at first, but then quickly came around because of his first gift, a tricycle. :) It was so cute to hear him say "bike" and watch him explore it.

If I can get the video to convert, I'll post a short clip in a little bit.
J eventually got very good at pulling the wrapping paper off. Grandparents and great grandparents spoiled him! He received a ton of car and train stuff, hence the transportation theme. The other theme of the day was kitchen, as he also received play food, dishes, pots/pans and a kitchen! ( I have no idea where I'm going to put it!)
(Cousins!)
This past weekend was easy going, just taking the time to rearrange some toys and closets. I started pulling some things out to consign or save for baby sister. Plus, there was some shopping time for me and C to spend some of our gift cards. :) Hope your families also had as wonderful a holiday as we did.
Merry (late) Christmas from our family to yours!J eventually got very good at pulling the wrapping paper off. Grandparents and great grandparents spoiled him! He received a ton of car and train stuff, hence the transportation theme. The other theme of the day was kitchen, as he also received play food, dishes, pots/pans and a kitchen! ( I have no idea where I'm going to put it!)
We finished the day by driving up to my parents' house to spend the afternoon with them and the rest of my side of the family. More presents were opened there (that's where the kitchen was, and still is actually). We had a great dinner and lots of quality time hanging out with everyone.
(Cousins!)



2 comments:
Looks like a very fun Christmas with lots of awesome presents for J! Yay!
Oh, man... Olive LOVES her kitchen. Hope he likes his too! Don't worry - there's always room for more goodies :)
Post a Comment