Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Monday, November 30, 2009

Life Back to "Normal" with added Christmas Cheer

Well, it is Monday morning, and life is officially back to "normal" for J and I. Our visiting family left Saturday and made it home safe yesterday. C left for a business trip yesterday morning as well. We won't get to see him very much over the next two weeks due to back to back trips, plus Reserve duty in between! J is finally to the point where he realizes daddy is gone. In the past month, he has started asking, "Dada?" at random times when C is away. My standard answer is "He is at work." :( C loves his job, but sometimes the traveling is hard on all three of us!

You can tell I love Christmas, since I already changed the blog background! I've been playing Christmas music fairly constantly since Thanksgiving. Also, I'll be working on our cards over the next few days, in hopes to get them sent out early. Most of our Christmas decorations are up as well. I put our small (fake) tree up the night of Thanksgiving. J loves it, and keeps going in the dining room to look at it. :) He even helped decorate by putting the angel up!
Here are some other random pictures from Thanksgiving day and the grandparents' visit:The beautiful table!Generations.
Being silly.Some people make turkey soup, we give the turkey carcass to our cats! It's tradition!

3 comments:

kelly said...

Looks lovely. Everyone's blog posts about already decorating for Christmas is making me feel so far behind! I need a little Christmas cheer in my house right now :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Yay for kitties celebrating the holiday too!!!

Jessica said...

I gave Hailey part of our turkey remains. She nibbled for a moment, then walked away. I think she doesn't know what to do with a carcass. Lucky for her she's our cat and not fending for herself. :)