When we were waiting for J's referral, we were originally thinking we would get a July referral (and we did). However, for a very long while there, (I think it was 2 months), we sat at the #2/ #3 position, waiting for boy referrals to come in to our US agency. It was long wait at the time last year for us, though it certainly really wasn't looking back! When we got close to the top of the boy list, I called our agency frequently to ask where we were and if any referrals had come in yet.
Now though, we have to be concerned about the girl's list, since we are waiting for our daughter. We are not expecting to hear anything until at least next August or even September/ October/ November due to starting out at #32 in the waiting families list! But I'm excited to report that there were two girl referrals late last week, and their families announced today on our e-mail support group! Although I won't be calling our agency to check where we are on "the list" until next year, this is a big deal because the last girl referral was 3 1/2, almost 4 months ago! Very long dry spell, to say the least. It may happen again during our wait for our future daughter, but here's hoping it won't and that baby girls continue to be matched with their forever families on a regular basis through our agency!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AMEN to all of that! Hoping the wait won't be too long and that it will go by quickly!
I agree with Jayme. Heres hoping that doesn't happen again!
Post a Comment