This past week, Baby J turned 9 months old! We went to Red Robin to celebrate. LOL (Actually, I forgot to defrost one of the meals my mom and I had prepped, which is what we have been eating every other night.) He had his normal dinner, but then french fries as a treat. Any time we go somewhere new, he looks around at everything wide eyed, taking it all in. As busy as Red Robin was, he was extra wide eyed!
Foods- squash, rice porridge, rice cereal, applesauce, pears, bananas, peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, baby yogurt, puffs, cheerios, teething bisquits and last a little bit off of mom's plate occasionally. He was already eating some of that when we got him, but I only waited a few days for each new food rather than a week before introducing something else.
Had our first post-placement visit with our social worker today. That went well, despite only two short naps- try 20 minutes this morning and 30 minutes this afternoon. Ooooo was I frazzled today! Neither ended up being in the crib either, oh well.
Last night we experienced more grieving, and throughout the day today as well. But then this evening during the visit and after our social worker left he was a doll again, played happily with daddy for a bit and me for a bit. Finished all of his dinner, drank down a full bottle and went right in the crib with minimal fuss. I know the grieving is a good thing, it's just hard on this mama! I like him much better when he is his normal happy self.
Other firsts for the week- the day or two after we got home, his first tooth officially broke through. The one right next to it is working it's way up as well. First big diaper blow out was today. Oh boy!
Just in this past week he has learned the pincher grasp. When he first came home he was picking puffs and cheerios up with his thumb and the palm of his hand. After a few days of consistently getting to play with them on the high chair tray, he has improved to just his thumb and first finger, though they don't always make it into his mouth.
When he likes the food I'm feeding him, or wants more, he smacks his lips. Today he also figured out how to force air through his pursed lips to blow raspberries/ make a motor boat buzz noise.
He makes a minimal fuss when getting into the high chair now. Occasionally a minimal fuss into the car seat. And we actually made it to the mailbox and back with no crying yesterday in the stroller.
Just in the past day he has also started crawling after the cats, though he hasn't really caught either of them yet. When he does pet them, it's because one of us is holding that particular cat, but he sure reaches for them on his own.
I guess that's it for now. Probably TMI- but hey, I'm a new mom, I have to talk about these things.
Here are a few pics:
2 comments:
I have enjoyed your blog so much, it's like re-living my joys again!
My warmest congrats to you!!
Marla Stuart
Highlands Ranch
mom to 4 great kids, all born in Korea
I'm waiting for travel call, and will be a first-time Mom also. I have LOVED reading your posts about being home and things you've learned. Thanks so much for sharing! :)
Post a Comment