Dream of Dragons: a Korean proverb

In Korea, dragons have traditionally represented courage, good fortune and greatness;
dreaming of them is a sign of good things to come
.


Friday, July 25, 2008

Born into Our Hearts

We have a son!!!
Proudly introducing...
J. S.Just after 10 a.m. on Thursday, July 24th, I was working in the basement with some music blasting. In between beats of the song, I thought I might be hearing the phone ring, echoing down the stairs from the kitchen. Paused to listen, and yes it was ringing, so I ran upstairs to get it and picked it up just as the machine was kicking in. I almost didn't answer though because it said "Unknown caller," but I'm happy I did!

It was one of the social workers, J, from AAC calling. Earlier in the day I had e-mailed her a question about the Red Thread Run, so I jumped right in with "So you're calling about my e-mail?" She said, "No.... I'm calling about your baby!"

Of course I screamed and started jumping up and down! She told me a little bit about him on the phone and then sent the file of information that they had via e-mail.

I called C immediately, who was out of town on the East Coast for a business trip. We both looked over the medical and social report and I also called a Pediatrician to review what we had. After talking again later that night, C and I both decided that this baby was meant to be our little man. We just wanted to wait to definitely accept until after the pediatrician called back.

Received the call back Friday afternoon and then called AAC right away, (right before the close of business!) with a verbal acceptance of our referral. We have not signed the official paper work yet, but have an appointment to do so Monday afternoon.

C got back late last night, so this morning we called his parents to tell them they are now first-time grandparents. I had already told my parents earlier, so now we get to announce it to the world!

I'm so excited and happy and bursting with joy! I'm a mama!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!!! I'm probably nearly as bursting as you are! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! He is so adorable and we cannot wait to meet him some day!!!

AdoptPerry said...

Congratulations, he is so cute! Maybe we will meet him and you someday at an AAC event. Best wishes in these few waiting months. They will fly by and he will be home before you know it!